Sphere is getting ready for the web!
Oozaru is a HTML version of Sphere for v2 games. Check out the preview!
Sphere is an open-source, cross-platform game engine that features:
- A simple but extensive, extendable API
- A comprehensive development environment
- Easy game packaging and distributing
Simple to learn, powerful to use
Sphere features a simple but powerful API, ideal for novice and advanced developers alike. A whole bunch of games have been made with it over the years, too.Games made with Sphere
Turbie's Super Happy Fun Hour Demo
A tech demo showing off a different rendering style
A challenging platformer where you can't stop bouncing
Zero's Impossible Fortress
A platformer where you draw the platforms with the mouse
Spectacles: Bruce's Story
RPG with a complex battle system
Aquatis - Journey to Kiltos
RPG in a cold, distant land
A Final Fantasy 6 fan game with a twisted sense of humor
Development with Sphere
Sphere Studio's map editor in action.
Editing a script in Sphere Studio.
Running and debugging a game.
Creating Sphere-powered games is simple and convenient!
- An Integrated Development Environment, Sphere Studio
- The ability to run and debug your game straight from the IDE!
Join the community!
We're a small, but very open community, more than ready to help you with any questions you might have!
- Cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) Download Sphere Studio - Fully-featured IDE for Sphere games
- Windows only
Other versions are available on the Downloads Drive.
Here, you can find things such as:
- Games and demos
- Assets for your game
- Engines and tools